Dísz tér 10. (No. 10 Parade Square)

No. 10 Dísz square, around 1900This building is a memento of civil Baroque architecture. The first part of the building looking onto the square was built on the site formally occupied by a medieval building and integrates its gateway. The back part looking onto Bulwark Lane was built around 1760. The entire building suffered severe damage during the 1944-1945 siege.

The two-storey building has a five bays long frontage with an entrance gate set in the middle. There are pilaster strips between the first storey windows. Remains of a medieval doorframe can be seen in the northern wall of the gateway-passage. A corridor runs in front of the court façade on the level of the first floor.

The courtyard of No. 10 Dísz square, around 1900

Well excavated in the cellars of No. 10 Dísz square, 1954

The cellars of No. 10 Dísz square during the excavations of a medieval well, 1954

The findings at Dísz square: Viennese can, 1300s