The Batthyány Mansion is one of the most beautiful examples of Baroque style and was constructed on a site formally occupied by two medieval houses, which were purchased by Count Lajos Batthyány in 1743. In 1744 he ordered that a palace be built to replace them. This building - which was almost destroyed during 1944-1945 - was restored in accordance with the original Baroque plans, between 1951 and 1953. The three-storey mansion with an en closed courtyard has a rear elevation with a view to the castle wall. Above the gate the Batthyány family's stone-made coat-of-arms can be seen.