Szentháromság utca 7. - Ruszwurm Confectionery

This is a burgher's house preserving significant medieval remains, with Baroque Classical architecture on the front. The coat-of-arms and initials on the stone frame of the gate refer to the building's first-known owner Wendelin Hirsch, a harness-maker craftsman, who restored the ruined building in 1698. Medieval sedilia and door remains can be seen in the gateway. Since 1827 a confectionary shop with long tradition has been operating in the building, named after the owner who used to live in the building at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. Its valuable interior is of Empire style.

No. 7 Szentháromság street, around 1940

The inside of the Ruszwurm confectioner's

No. 7 Szentháromság street, main facade, 1957

No. 7 Szentháromság street, detail of the gateway, 1948