The mansion at No. 7-13 Tárnok Street was the property of the ducal line of descendents of the Esterházy family since the 18th century. The complex was nearly completely destroyed during the 1944-1945 siege of World War II, and was replaced by a modern tenement house (No. 13 Tárnok Street) and a primary school (No. 9-11 Tárnok Street). Only the building at No. 7 Tárnok Street was restored in the 1960's and the original Baroque details of the frontage were given a dark contour.