Úri utca 8. (No. 8 Úri Street)

Neo-Gothic mansion, turned into a tenement house after the siege of 1944-1945 during World War II. The current shape of the building - which incorporates several medieval remains such as the sedilia in the gateway, - was constructed in 1903, when the building was re-structured for Count Gyula Széchenyi. Right above the Tudor-arched gate the coat-of-arms of the Széchenyi family can be seen, while the staircase still preserves the windows and ornamented lamps that were placed here during the re-structuring.

No. 8 Úri street, 1910s

The gates of No. 8 Úri street, around 1936