Primate János Scitovszky, the Archbishop of Esztergom purchased the building in 1874. The two-storey building with an enclosed courtyard was built at the end of the 18th century in Baroque Classical style. Above the gate in the central bay there is an iron-grilled balcony held by stone consoles. The former wing overlooking Tóth Árpád Lane was destroyed in the siege of 1944-1945. In its place there is a modern building with glass walls. The Budapest-Esztergom archbishopric office of the Roman Catholic Church, as well as the residence of the Archbishop are housed in the palace.