There are statues near the Fishermen's Bastion and its surroundings. At the foot of the Fishermen's Bastion is a statue of János Hunyadi - given as a gift to the city by Emperor Franz Joseph - and a copy of the statue of St George made by the Kolozsvári brothers. Alajos Stróbl's artwork representing King St Stephen was erected on the square between the bastion and the church in 1906. The huge bronze figure of the state founder is astride a beautiful horse covered by the coronation cloak. In the king's hand is the double cross, and on its head is the crown, above which is a guilded glory. The reliefs at the bottom of the statue were also made by Stróbl: these depict the main events of St Stephen's reign: the coronation, the making of law, the building of a church and the city of Vienna paying homage to the king. The neo-Roman style limestone pedestal which is decorated by lions and columns, was designed by Frigyes Schulek.